PURPOSE: Listening Ear Crisis Center is in the vocation of supporting and improving human life. All of our actions must be measured by our success in achieving this.
MISSION: Listening Ear, with the participation of paid and volunteer staff, the Board of Directors and contractors provide citizens of Michigan with human services and affordable housing, including housing counseling, that satisfy, support, and promote the dignity and well-being of those in need. We will establish Listening Ear as a preeminent, private, non-profit, human service agency that adds value to the communities we serve.
VALUES AND BELIEFS:
- We believe that the people we support are valued members of the community and that we should support their dreams to achieve employment, spiritual connection and social participation.
- We are committed to focusing on what people can do, the individuals freedom to develop a life plan, the authority to control relevant resources, the support to obtain dreams and goals and the opportunity to become a responsible citizen.
- We are committed to the highest standards of ethics and integrity, including protecting and advocating for the human rights of each person.
- We are responsible to the people we serve, to our employees, and to the communities. Our interactions with segments of the community; consumers, contractors, government and the general public, must reflect the high standards we profess.
- We are committed to quality management and improvement, consumer satisfaction and meeting or exceeding system performance benchmarks.
- We expect work and actions that benefit humanity.
- We believe our future as an agency rests squarely on the knowledge, imagination, skills, teamwork and integrity of our employees.
- We are committed to providing affordable services in accord with sound financial practices.
- We are committed to providing innovative services and creating an environment of continuous learning for our staff.